Canada’s franchise market is one of the largest in the world and is a key source of our country’s economic growth.
With our legal expertise, we help our clients grow their businesses through franchising and advise them throughout the lifecycle of their business.
Our firm brings a practical, business-focused approach to assist with our client’s franchise issues, and a thorough understanding and appreciation of the determining the best franchise models.
Relying on our expertise, those looking to expand in their industry engage us to advise them on practically all franchising essentials including the establishment, operation, acquisition, leasing, employment and termination of franchises. Clients also retain us to provide strategic advice on protecting and enhancing their valuable portfolios of trademarks and other proprietary indicia.
As a full-service law firm, we are able to draw on expertise from a cross-section of practice areas across the firm to provide advice in all areas of business related to franchising.
We advise on the full range of legal issues:
- Drafting franchise agreements on behalf of both franchisors and franchisees
- Negotiating commercial leasing agreements
- Master Franchise and Area Development Agreements
- Unit Franchising
- Franchise Disclosure and Registration
- Franchise Disputes
- Withholding Taxes and reverse charges of VAT and sales tax
- Franchise Dispute Resolution
- Customer Data Management and Loyalty Schemes
- Anti-Trust and Competition Law compliance
- Regulatory compliance including Anti-Bribery, FCPA, Sanctions
- Litigation and alternative dispute resolution techniques.